- Sales grow by 35.0% to CHF 239.1 million.
- EBITDA rises from CHF 53.0 million to CHF 75.5 million and a margin of 31.6%.
- Operating income (EBIT) increases from CHF 40.3 million to CHF 61.9 million and a margin of 25.9%.
- Net income rises from CHF 32.8 million to CHF 53.1 million and a margin of 22.2%.
- Investments of over CHF 50 million and creation of 107 new jobs (77 of which are in Switzerland) since the beginning of the year.
The first half of 2021 has gone very well for Bachem. I am particularly pleased that we have been able to grow both our business, as well as our capacity and workforce simultaneously. Bachem is definitely on track to reach its company goals and continue to grow sustainably and profitably in the coming years.
The Bachem Group (SIX: BANB) increased its sales during the first half of 2021 in Swiss francs by 35.0% to CHF 239.1 million. Operating income before
depreciation and amortization (EBITDA) rose by 42.5% to CHF 75.5 million and operating income (EBIT) grew by 53.9% to CHF 61.9 million. This results in an EBITDA margin of 31.6% (first half-year 2020: 29.9%) and an EBIT margin of 25.9% (first half-year 2020: 22.7%). Net income increased by 61.8% to CHF 53.1 million and a margin of 22.2% (first half-year 2020: 18.5%).
- Sales of CHF 500 million are now expected for the year 2021.
- Bachem expects an average annual rate of growth of about 15% for the coming five years.
- Bachem intends to grow operating income (EBIT) at a rate ahead of sales.
- The company is now planning investments over CHF 500 million for the next five years across sites and business areas in order to further expand capacity.
Bachem Half-Year 2021 press release
The complete half-year report 2021, including the slides for the analyst- and media conference can be downloaded in the reports and presentations section of our homepage.
Bachem is a leading, innovation-driven company specializing in the development and manufacture of peptides and oligonucleotides.
With 50 years of experience and expertise Bachem provides products for research, clinical development and commercial application to pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies worldwide and offers a comprehensive range of services.
Bachem operates internationally with headquarters in Switzerland and locations in Europe, the US and Asia. The company is listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange.