- New sales record with 13.9% year-on-year growth
- EBITDA at 26.2% and EBIT at 18.3% of sales
- Net income jumps 35.5%
- Capacity expanded and 50 new jobs created
- High rate of utilization and continued hiring in the second half
- Fiscal 2016 expected to be a very good year
- Full-year guidance confirmed
Bubendorf/Basel, August 26, 2016 – Bachem Group (SIX: BANB) increased its sales in the first half of 2016 by 13.9% to a new record high of 113.4 million CHF (H1 2015: 99.6 million CHF). In local currency, sales grew 11.4%. Generics sales rose by approx. 9% to 53.9 million CHF. In the research ingredients business, catalog products and custom synthesis performed well in the face of a challenging, highly competitive market environment. Bachem achieved excellent local sales growth of more than 40% in the New Chemical Entities (NCEs) business. Operating profits rose despite an increase in operating costs due to expansion-related projects and non-recurring items, with EBITDA coming in at 29.8 million CHF and EBIT at 20.8 million CHF. Net income advanced to 17.1 million CHF. With this bottom-line growth of 35.5%, the Group continued its record of unbroken profit growth from the previous years. Judging by the high market demand, the good order backlog and the steady increase in utilization of new capacity, fiscal 2016 should be a very good year.